Refineries are focused on meeting unit run length and throughput targets while protecting their assets, reducing maintenance costs, and avoiding unplanned shutdowns.
ChemTreat’s highly experienced team and industry-focused chemistries are here to help our refining customers achieve their goals.
Experienced Team Dedicated to Your Success
Our business model is based on establishing long-term relationships with our customers. ChemTreat field representatives typically remain in their territories for their entire careers, ensuring a deep understanding of their customers’ needs and providing unsurpassed service.
Field engineers supporting the refining industry average 20 years of experience, and our technical specialists average 22 years of experience, giving them a deep understanding of your industry’s needs.
Utility Water Treatment
Our highly experienced application experts and local water treatment specialists can provide a wide array of water treatment solutions for your utility systems.
ChemTreat offers a full line of boiler water treatment chemicals, testing, and control equipment. Our programs can help you increase system efficiency, decrease plant downtime, reduce maintenance costs, and extend equipment life.
Our film-forming amines are specifically designed to minimize corrosion throughout feedwater, boiler, and condensate systems. Used in conjunction with neutralizing amine programs, filming amines can improve overall corrosion inhibition in very complex steam/condensate systems, as well as reduce neutralizing amine usage in systems with very high boiler water alkalinity.
FILM-FORMING AMINES: INNOVATIVE BOILER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGY FOR THE REFINING INDUSTRY
These filming amines can also greatly improve downtime corrosion (one of the most aggressive forms of corrosion in boiler systems) compared to industry-standard programs.
Other benefits of filming amines over industry-standard programs include:
- Excellent corrosion inhibition in boiler system components during layup
- Improved overall corrosion inhibition when paired with a neutralizing amine program
- Effectiveness in systems with complex condensate systems
- Potential reduction in neutralizing amine costs in applications with high boiler water alkalinity
- Active residual testing, ensuring optimized feed rates
- Neat feed to feedwater and/or steam header
We have extensive experience providing water treatment for a variety of cooling systems. Our team will work with you to understand your needs and create a custom program to help you meet your goals.
Applying our products can help keep your system running at peak efficiency, extend equipment life, reduce water usage, and meet your environmental goals.
Non-Phosphorus and Low-Phosphorus Cooling Water Treatment
This treatment program includes non-phosphorus, non-zinc and low-phosphorus, low-zinc options to help your facility meet its environmental goals.
Benefits of FlexPro over industry-standard phosphate scale and corrosion inhibitor programs include:
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Exceptional fouling and scaling control with non-phosphorus antiscalants
- Fluorescent tracing for automatic feed and precise control
- Enhanced reliability thanks to extended turnaround times
- Increased throughput and improved efficiency
- Improved biological control that requires less chlorine
- Simplified startup and passivation
- Reduced calcium phosphate and zinc deposition
- Reduced aquatic toxicity
FlexCorr™ Advanced Corrosion Control
Committed to continuous innovation, ChemTreat has developed FlexCorr, is an even more advanced cooling treatment technology for best-in-class corrosion performance.
Like FlexPro, this suite of products offers both non-phosphate, non-zinc, and low-phosphate, low-zinc options. It also offers an even lower aquatic toxicity by LC50 for facilities looking to improve their environmental impact.
REFINERY IMPROVES CORROSION CONTROL & REDUCES OPERATIONAL COSTS WITH FLEXCORR™
Reverse Osmosis Treatment
ChemTreat pretreatment experts can design a full chemical treatment and monitoring program customized to your specific needs. They can review design metrics around reverse osmosis systems and any upstream filtration and work with you to improve the overall efficiency of your pretreatment system.
Our wastewater specialists can customize a wastewater treatment process that helps your refinery optimize chemical usage, improve effluent flow rates, and reduce off-site treatment costs.
Our solutions can support the following treatment needs at your facility:
- Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) and chemical oxygen demand (COD) reduction
- Inhibitory compound reduction for improved biodegradability
- Stripped sour water
- Spent caustic
- Sulfur compounds (e.g., hydrogen sulfide, thiosulfates, and mercaptans)
- Induced gas flotation (IGF) or dissolved gas flotation (DGF) enhancement with a complete line of coagulant and flocculant polymers for emulsion breaking and total suspended solids (TSS) reduction
- pH control and coagulant/flocculant dosage optimization
- Enhanced biological treatment and food-to-mass (F/M) monitoring with on-line measurement of total organic carbon (TOC) and TSS
- Supplemental dissolved oxygen (DO) for biological treatment systems during periods of high organics loading to the treatment plant (e.g., during turnarounds)
- Toxicity control
- Enhanced nitrification
- Filamentous bulking control
- Foam control and bioaugmentation
- Supplemental nutrients
- Pond inversion, septicity prevention, and odor control
- Sludge conditioning, sludge thickening, and dewatering polymers
- Products and processes for metals removal (selenium, arsenic, and iron)
- Organics reduction
- Effluent sulfite oxidation prior to discharge
- Enhanced multi-media filter backwashing
- Dioxin removal through advanced oxidation and granular activated carbon treatment
- Final effluent disinfection (as required)
REFINERY REDUCES COSTS AND IMPROVES ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT WITH CHEMTREAT’S PUREFLOC™
Wastewater Contaminant Removal
Contaminants such as phosphate, iron, lead, copper, chromium, nickel, and manganese can enter wastewater streams from a variety of industrial processes.
We offer a full range of products for removing heavy metals from wastewater. Our treatment programs can be effective in all discharge pH ranges and help you reduce treatment time and chemical usage.
Water Conservation & Reuse
ChemTreat field engineers and consultants have extensive experience supporting systems for effective water recycling. When properly treated, water reuse systems provide a variety of benefits, fostering long-term sustainability.
Grey Water Reclamation and Reuse
To reuse grey water as an industrial influent, your facility may need a treatment program to mitigate suspended and dissolved solids, microbiological nutrients, metal oxides, and other harmful constituents.
Reclaimed water can come from a variety of sources, including the local municipality wastewater treatment plant, rinse waters for demineralizers and other plants systems, process water overflow, and blowdown from boiler or cooling systems.
ChemTreat’s experienced technical team is well-versed in reuse applications. We can design a water treatment program to help you reuse water in your facility to achieve cost savings, improve efficiency, and meet your environmental goals.
Click here to see how we helped an ammonia plant save $2.5 million per year by increasing recycled water usage.
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Scavengers
ChemTreat has a wide range of hydrogen sulfide scavenger technologies available for refinery applications. We also have vast experience implementing and servicing H2S control programs and can customize treatment strategies for your unique system challenges.
Our portfolio of H2S and mercaptan scavengers includes:
- Crude oil, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, asphalt, LPG, and heavy fuels solutions
- Non-nitrogen scavenging compounds that eliminate refinery salt fouling concerns
- Amine- and triazine-based products, as well as specialized metals-based chemistries
- Water-based chemistries designed for refinery sour water treatments
- Odor neutralizers, amine absorbents, masking agents, and oxidants
ChemTreat offers our refining and terminals customers a full suite of finished fuel additives and treatment solutions:
- Antioxidants and metal deactivators
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Petroleum dyes
- Lubricity improvers
- Cetane number improvers
- Fuel oil stabilizers
- Gasoline and diesel detergent formulations
- Cold flow improvers
- Diesel oil combustion improvers
- Drag reducers
- Antistatic additives
- Industrial, marine, and aviation fuel additives
- Asphaltene dispersants
- Heavy fuel oil combustion improvers
- Gasoline antiknock
- Mercaptan scavengers
- Asphalt scavengers
- H2S scavengers
Flair Gas Recovery Unit Corrosion Control
Flair Gas Recovery Units (FGRUs) often contain corrosive chemicals like acid gases, chlorides, and fluorides from the refinery process. Our team has developed a best-in-class treatment program to help you reduce corrosion and fouling from these contaminants in your vital FGRU systems.
The pictures below showcase the results of our FGRU treatment program. Units that previously needed to be shut down for cleaning and repairs every few months can now operate for years between shutdowns thanks to ChemTreat’s technology and expertise.
60-day mild steel corrosion coupon before treatment shows signs of severe fouling
60-day mild steel corrosion coupon after treatment is free of fouling and corrosion
Results are examples only. They are not guaranteed. Actual results may vary.
REDUCING CORROSION IN OIL REFINERY FLARE GAS RECOVERY UNIT
Intelligent Water Management
Our CTVista®+ intelligent water management platform enables monitoring and control of your water treatment programs by providing data management, analytics, reporting, and real-time guidance.
This cloud-based software helps our customers make real-time, data-driven decisions to:
- Protect system assets
- Minimize water, chemical, and energy costs
- Meet sustainability goals
CTVista+ combines the collective wisdom of experienced water treatment professionals with real-time data to optimize the effectiveness of the chemical treatment program at your refining facility.
Compatible with most industry-standard equipment setups, CTVista+ is easy to integrate with your existing equipment. Our team can also work with you to create and install a custom equipment package best suited to your facility’s needs.
CTVISTA®+ HELPS REFINERY IMPROVE WATER TREATMENT PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Contact ChemTreat Today
ChemTreat can help you improve the efficiency of your refinery with best-in-class water treatment programs. We create custom chemical treatment programs to provide solutions for your facility’s unique needs. Contact our experts today to request a consultation with your local representative.