Food and beverage manufacturers strive to optimize production while achieving the highest levels of quality. ChemTreat’s water management strategies improve the efficiency of plant operations, help facilities meet environmental goals, and ultimately make our customers more competitive.
ChemTreat’s highly experienced team offers custom water treatment and process solutions for the unique needs of our food and beverage customers. Find out more about how we can help you improve quality, reduce downtime, and meet your environmental goals.
BrewingThe brewing industry has extensive water treatment needs, from pasteurizer corrosion control and conveyor lubrication, to biological oxygen demand reduction in wastewater and reverse osmosis conditioning for foundation water. ChemTreat has extensive experience providing advanced treatment for brewing facilities. We also help breweries meet their sustainability goals by helping them reduce water usage and optimize their water ratios.
The ChemTreat team has been treating pasteurizer issues for over 50 years. Our programs can help you:
- Maximize operational efficiencies by ensuring pasteurizers stay clean longer
- Minimize microbial growth in the pasteurizers
- Prevent issues around can dome and tab staining and bottle crown corrosion
- Reduce pasteurizer corrosion
- Maximize heat exchange efficiency by eliminating heat exchanger scaling and corrosion
- Conserve water and energy with water balancing studies
We also offer highly effective cleaning programs for pasteurizers. Our on-line filler cleaner technology helps pasteurizers stay clean longer and reduces the frequency and duration of off-line cleanings.
Our conveyor lubricant and filler cleaner technologies help brewery customers ensure efficiency of container flow through packaging by minimizing down packages and line blockages while improving track cleanliness.
We offer conveyor line lubricants that help reduce water usage while increasing efficiency.
Our unique filler cleaner offering helps customers optimize run-time efficiency by reducing cleaning frequency and duration. This helps customers reduce water, cleaning and sanitizing chemistry volume, energy, and labor, all while reducing downtime and maximizing production time.
Brewing Water Treatment
ChemTreat understands the challenges of ensuring ammonia evaporative condensers are kept clean of corrosion, scaling, and microbiological fouling to maximize ammonia system efficiency. We can help you optimize the life expectancy of your evaporative condenser system by minimizing the potential for white rust and other potentially harmful corrosion problems.
Our team can also help you achieve water savings by optimizing cooling system cycles of concentration.
High BOD loading is a major issue for brewing facilities. We have solutions to help reduce BOD load in your system.
Other wastewater treatment options include coagulants, flocculants, defoamers, and odor control solutions. Certain aspects of wastewater treatment can be automated with our Real-Time Control technology, and we can also minimize the chance of biological wastewater treatment systems being upset by cleaning and sanitation chemicals with our Eclipse™ technology.
Our reverse osmosis treatment offerings help breweries using RO for foundation water optimize run-times and recovery rates while reducing water losses and unscheduled shutdowns for cleaning.
CanningRetorts and cookers in the canning industry need water treatment to prevent can spotting and corrosion. ChemTreat has the expertise and solutions to help your facility with these issues.
ChemTreat’s experienced team can help your facility:
- Reduce can and bottle cap corrosion
- Reduce can reinfection potential caused by cooling water microorganisms
- Maximize cooker life by minimizing corrosion, scaling, and fouling
We also offer programs that eliminate phosphate and heavy metals from your processes, helping you meet your environmental goals.
ProteinOur programs include a total plant approach to improving sustainability while providing treatment options that are certified to meet your regulatory needs, including Kosher, Halal, NSF Standard 60, and FDA. We strive to help protein producers improve efficiencies and realize water and energy savings.
- Cooling water treatment for inhibiting scale, corrosion, and biological growth
- Boiler, feedwater, and steam treatment
- GRAS-approved coagulants and flocculants
- All-polymer programs
- Biological treatment
We also provide odor control solutions for rendering facilities and lagoons.
SugarChemTreat is an industry leader when it comes to research & development for the sugar industry. We also offer dedicated corporate support for our sugar customers.
Our offerings include:
- Boiler water treatment
- Condenser and cooling tower water treatment for process and non-process systems
- Evaporator boil-out chemistries for organic and inorganic fouling
- Specific inhibitors for minimizing calcium oxalate scale
- Odor control for nuisance odors from beet piles and condensate ponds, as well as specific chemistries for neutralizing hydrogen sulfide
- Numerous chemistries for wastewater and process treatment
- Water balance management and water reuse
- Solids removal programs for flumes and precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC)
- Pretreatment of stored water sources for reuse
- Flume programs to reduce lime addition
- Flue gas scrubber deposit inhibitors
- Exchanger cleaning chemistries
Dairy ProcessingOur team understands the importance of continuity and asset protection for dairy industry operations. We are also aligned with the dairy industry on 2025 sustainability goals and can work with your facility to help you meet those objectives.
Our offerings include:
- Highly effective line lubricants
- On-line filler cleaner technology to help lines stay clean longer and reduce the frequency of off-line cleanings
- Cooling water treatment, including low- and non-phosphate options to reduce environmental impact
- Corrosion inhibitors to reduce equipment corrosion and fouling
- Cleaners and sanitizers to eliminate unwanted microbiological growth
- Products to help maximize production line speeds and generate the highest return on investment
- Water reuse programs to reduce plant discharge and makeup
Intelligent Water ManagementOur CTVista®+ intelligent water management platform enables monitoring and control of your water treatment programs by providing:
- Data management
- Real-time guidance
This cloud-based software helps our customers make real-time, data-driven decisions to:
- Protect system assets
- Minimize water, chemical, and energy costs
- Meet sustainability goals
CTVista®+ combines the collective wisdom of experienced water treatment professionals with real-time data to optimize the effectiveness of the chemical treatment program at your facility.
Compatible with most industry-standard equipment setups, CTVista®+ is easy to integrate with your existing equipment. Our team can also work with you to create and install a custom equipment package best-suited to your facility’s needs.