From technologies that improve the operating efficiency of industrial equipment to water reuse and minimization programs, we’re constantly looking for new ways to incorporate green water treatment programs at our customers’ facilities.
REDUCE YOUR COSTS AND BE ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE
ChemTreat field engineers look at everything, including the mechanical and engineering components of your system, which are just as important as the water chemistry. A proposed green solution typically follows this path:
- Our consultants visit your site, analyze the facility’s entire operation, and work to understand the impact of production processes.
- We consult with operations, environmental, health and safety, engineering, procurement, and management personnel to determine special requirements, then develop a program outline that includes diagrams of every water- and utility-related plant system. We also examine noted bottlenecks and research probable solutions.
- With the data collected, we develop and present solutions for all of your water and energy management-related problems using modern chemistry that is environmentally friendly and positively impacts your bottom line.
Sustainable Water ManagementWe help customers achieve their own objectives to minimize adverse environmental impacts from their processes through the use of efficient water and energy management systems to optimize process efficiency and conserve natural resources.
REDUCE WATER CONSUMPTION, ENERGY USAGE, AND WASTE
Industrial water treatment, by its very nature, benefits the environment. At ChemTreat, we strive to help our customers achieve their sustainability objectives to minimize adverse environmental impacts from their processes through an array of products and services.
Water Conservation and Reuse
Water reduction improves your green water treatment footprint and lowers fresh water and sewer costs. ChemTreat field engineers have extensive experience with reuse waters and tertiary effluent from municipal sources.
With ChemTreat’s patented Quadrasperse® technology, cooling tower cycles of concentration can be extended, often by a factor of 2. This results in reduced blowdown, preventing discharge and decreasing water consumption.
Energy can be conserved through scale and fouling reduction in heat transfer devices.
- Condenser scale increases the system heat pressure, requiring additional energy to operate.
- Evaporator fouling reduces the refrigerant pressure and temperature, requiring your compressor to pump more gas into the system for the same heat transfer rates.
- Microbiological growth in cooling towers raises the temperature of water exiting your cooling tower, decreasing system efficiency.
We can help you reduce wastewater discharge and stay on top of NPDES and local regulations. We have:
- Zero-liquid discharge expertise
- Water reuse solutions, including a full suite of reverse osmosis system products
- A full line of wastewater treatment products for solids removal, emulsion breaking, metals precipitation, paint detackification, defoaming, and a host of other processes
- Advanced technologies like phosphorus-free cooling water products
Our integrated water control technologies allow operators to react instantaneously to changes in their water treatment system, preventing corrosion, scale, and fouling. As a result, your equipment runs at 100% efficiency and for its full expected life, eliminating the need for costly and environmentally harmful replacements.
Environmental StandardsChemTreat constantly studies and evaluates ways to lessen the environmental impact of our products and practices.
CHEMTREAT’S GREEN STANDARD
Our company values specify that all processes involving our products and practices will be undertaken with a concern for the environment. To that end, we have established an Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure proper care for all chemicals used in the production and distribution of our products.
HELPING YOU MEET SUSTAINABILITY GOALS AND REQUIREMENTS
We develop new technologies with an emphasis on environmental protection, and our treatment programs are customized to optimize performance.
ChemTreat realizes our business involves the acquisition, manipulation, transportation, and storage of chemicals which, if not properly controlled, introduce increased risks to health, safety, and the environment. Accordingly, we have established systematic processes to evaluate potential risks, developed procedures to manage those risks on a priority basis, and consistently review and update our programs as conditions or capabilities change. This includes a commitment to prevent pollution and comply with all applicable legal and other requirements, thereby, enabling our customers to meet NPDES permit requirements.
INNOVATING TO CONSERVE NATURAL RESOURCES
ChemTreat strives to continually evaluate new products and technologies that will provide better solutions to our clients’ water treatment needs. With a state-of-the-art water treatment laboratory, staffed with PhD research personnel, we initiate new approaches and innovation at the leading edge of our industry including an emphasis on these critical areas of concern with direct environmental implications:
- Energy conservation
- Water reclamation, reuse, and zero-liquid discharge
- Overall water quality and water discharge permit compliance
- Environmental fate of treatment chemicals
- Health and safety