Our Commitment to Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG)
Water scarcity is here today, increasing the urgency for bold leadership. We view sustainability as a fundamental responsibility and an important strategic priority that touches every aspect of our business.
Having an ESG strategy is critical for our customers as they invest for future growth. ChemTreat recognizes the important role of advanced water and process treatment solutions in meeting sustainability goals. We focus our innovation efforts on new technologies anticipating future challenges our customers will face as they reach their sustainability goals. Together we can continue protecting the world’s precious resources.
Putting ESG Principles into ActionOur experts work closely with our customers to quantify water-related risks, set targets, take action, and track performance, helping them meet their environmental impact goals. We offer advanced water treatment options, programs to reduce water, chemical, and energy usage, and monitoring and reporting tools to track sustainability metrics and measure water reuse initiatives.
Innovation Defines our Future
Our R&D team is continually developing new chemistries and improving existing solutions to help customers meet increasingly ambitious environmental goals. Our recent innovation includes:
- Phosphate-free and zinc-free cooling corrosion and scale inhibitors
- Non-metal and non-PBT (Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxic Substances) chemistries
- Advanced formulations to reduce water usage and handle challenging issues such as high LSI and silica concentrations
- Solid chemistries to help decrease carbon footprint and reduce exposure
- Natural coagulants to replace oil-based products for wastewater treatment
- Products for toxic chemical and heavy metals removal
- Products for removing TOC/BOD in effluent
Measurable Environmental Impact
Our industry experts will support your ESG projects by documenting water and energy savings as well as carbon emissions reductions. Our ingenuity and applications expertise can assist with:
- Increasing cycles of concentration to minimize blowdown in cooling towers and boilers
- Improving heat transfer across heat exchangers to reduce fan energy and cooling water usage
- Applying reverse osmosis antiscalants to increase recovery rates, reduce concentrate flows and energy, and extend asset life
- Measuring and reducing corrosion rates to improve performance and extend asset life
- Implementing smart controllers and solid chemical feed for water treatment
- Providing consultation and treatment programs for water reuse projects
- Helping facilities achieve zero-liquid discharge
- Running cooling towers at higher pH to reduce acid usage and CO2 emissions
LEED Credit Assistance
The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System is the worldwide standard for the design, construction, and operation of green buildings. The LEED rating system is designed to help maximize operational efficiency while minimizing environmental impact.
ChemTreat supports customers gaining LEED points in the following areas:
Comprehensive water management programs to help you maintain reliable heat transfer systems and improve water usage efficiency. Our programs not only help you significantly reduce energy consumption but also improve the quality of indoor environments.
Significantly reduce the resource requirements and carbon footprint of your water treatment program. Our programs are designed to extend asset life and optimize dosing and control of water treatment applications.
Intelligent Water Management
Our CTVista®+ cloud-based, intelligent water management platform enables monitoring and control of your water treatment programs by providing:
- Data management
- Real-time guidance
CTVista®+ helps you make real-time, data-driven decisions. It’s a dynamic way to manage and optimize critical water treatment operations and help you track and report on your sustainability metrics.
We take our customers’ data security and integrity very seriously. CTVista®+ uses extensive safeguards and industry best practices to protect your data.
Customer Education Programs
- Team training to assist customers with water management program startup
- Seminars and workshops to communicate best practices and new technologies
- Audit programs to enhance operational efficiency and highlight cost savings opportunities
Our Commitment to Environmental ImpactTo drive accountability and continuous improvement, Danaher has established goals designed to achieve meaningful improvement to our Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) performance and reduce our impact on the environment.
Click here to view the 2021 Danaher Sustainability Report.
Over the five-year period from 2020 to 2024, Danaher has committed to:
15% reduction in energy consumed (on a normalized basis)
15% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (on a normalized basis)
15% reduction in non-hazardous/non-regulated waste sent to landfills or incineration
EHS Information Management System
We use a third-party, global EHS information management system to collect and manage EHS information, including:
- EHS incident, severity, investigation, and corrective action tracking
- EHS performance metric reporting and tracking
- Sustainability-related metric reporting and tracking
- A compliance calendar for managing compliance and other recurring tasks
- Tracking incident remediation, audit, and inspection findings
ChemTreat has emphasized the consistent quality of our products since the company was founded, and these principles were formalized into a written quality program in 1988. This system supports our corporate mission of developing partnerships with our customers through providing outstanding customer service, high-quality products, and superior technical expertise. Our commitment to quality is based on total employee involvement in continuous improvement of the entire organization.
Building on this foundation, ChemTreat achieved recognition for the effectiveness of our quality system in 1994 by attaining ISO 9000-series certification at our manufacturing facilities located in Ashland, Virginia; Nederland, Texas; and Eldridge, Iowa; and for the corporate functions supporting our operations. We are certified to the current ISO 9001:2021 standard for Quality Management and the current ISO 14001:2021 standard for Environmental Management.
Learn more about ChemTreat’s Environment, Health, and Safety policy here.
Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionWe know diverse and inclusive teams create real breakthroughs because they allow room for big ideas, encourage all voices to be heard equally, and facilitate diverse perspectives. We seek to continuously improve and sustain a diverse and inclusive culture free of systemic bias and create a work environment in which all associates feel they belong.
Diversity Goals and Metrics
In 2020, Danaher set aspirational goals for gender representation globally and representation of People of Color in the U.S. to hold ourselves accountable and drive progress toward full representation at every level of our organization.
By 2025, Danaher hopes to have 40% of its global workforce made up of women and 38% of its US workforce made up of People of Color.
Our Corporate Governance Standards
As a Danaher operating company, we are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards and complying with all applicable laws wherever we do business.
Every Danaher associate is personally accountable for following our ethics and compliance policies. Danaher empowers all associates by providing training on a variety of ethics and compliance topics, helping associates understand their obligations under the law, the expectation to act ethically, and how to manage the risks inherent in their job function.
In 2020, the Annual Training Program included the following courses (specific courses assigned to a particular associate are based on the associate’s role and level within the organization):
- Code of Conduct
- Creating a Harassment-Free Workplace
- Cyber Security
- Data Privacy and Protection
- Environment, Health, and Safety
- Global Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption
- Insider Trading
- Marketing and Advertising of Medical Devices
- Quality Systems Regulations: Good Manufacturing Processes